Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What was your first car?

When I began to drive I drove many cars at the dealership. I would drive them for 6,000 miles and then I would return them for a new one...as I have gotten older I think was a bad habit...I love new cars now.  My husdband says I can't keep a car for more than 3 year, I will tell you about that more later.  When I got married I was told it was time to buy my first car.  So in the summer of 1997 I bought a New Geo Prizm, it was dark teal, a manual and four doors.  It was great on gas.  I owned this vehical till 1999 when my son, Karl was born.  I was no longer interested in the maual feature. Years later I got to see my first car again.  The couple who bought it from Lafferty Chevrolet was trading it in for a new car.   I wonder what they bought next??? 

The Geo Prizm was a joint venture with Toyota.  They started producing the car in 1998 as a replacement for the Chevy Nova.  It was an entry level compact car, production of this vehical ended in 2002.  The Geo Prism was manufactured in Fremont, California at the NUMMI plant (New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc)

1 comment:

  1. My first car was a used 1973 Monte Carlo. I was 28 at the time and had two children. We lived in Hatboro and I walked everywhere. I went through three strollers in three years!

    ReplyDelete