Sunday, October 31, 2010

road side assistance

Recently I was watching TV and saw a commercial for Toyota and how they are offer roadside assistance when you purchase a new vehicle...they say "we're the only full-line brand to offer anything like it." Well lets take a look... 

When I was in college I could not get my car started I was living in Rochester, NY at the time and I saw a label on my car with a number to call for roadside assistance from Chevy and I called them and they took care of me, please note I graduated from college 13 years ago. 

So back to this commercial...this is Chevrolet's roadside assistance on a new vehicle taken from the Chevy website: 

Roadside Assistance Program
Chevrolet is proud to offer the response, security and convenience of the 24-Hour Roadside Assistance Program for a period of 5 years or 100,000 miles/160,000 kilometers, whichever comes first. The program provides you with the following services during the New Vehicle Limited Warranty period:
  • Emergency Towing (to closest Chevy dealer from a legal roadway)
  • Lockout Service (keys locked inside vehicle)
  • Flat Tire Changes (spare installed)
  • Fuel Delivery ($5 worth of fuel delivered on the road)
  • Jump-Starts (at home or on the road)
____________________________________________________

This is what Toyota is promoting on TV right now.  Information taken from their website:
For 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first, you and your new vehicle will be covered. It's complimentary peace of mind, and we're the only full-line brand to offer anything like it.

24-Hr. Roadside Assistance

Toyota Care features 24-hr. roadside assistance [3] for those days when you need a tire changed, or to have a door unlocked.
24-Hr. Roadside Assistance Covers:
  • Lockout protection
  • Flat tire changes
  • Jump starts
  • Fluid delivery
  • Towing for the unexpected
Well you tell me who has the better roadside assistance, Chevy has been offering roadside assistance for years and Toyota says they are the only ones offering anything like it.  Yea that is right you Toyota no one is offer anything like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment